One of my other projects of interest has been the possible future areas where AJAX can be used . This is what i focussed on during my talk at BarcampChennai titled "Emerging Areas in AJAX " .After showing a few demos on :
- dynamically creating html elements using DOM (the document object model)
- dynamically styling the page without postback from a remote CSS file.
- ajax style presentation /ppt tool where clicking on next would source the next slide
- simple demo of xmlhttpobject to load xml and txt files .
- Speech recognition with AJAX (watch the video demo )
- ajax + css for low resolution displays (watch the video demo )
- ajax + css for pattern matching / hand writing recognition (watch the video demo )
1. Speech recognition with AJAX (watch the video demo )
This is part of my final year project and i just wanted to see if it was possible for sasdk to have ajx features .seems it does . Ill try to attach a architectural diagram below that should explain the same . my other post on this topic also has details.
2. ajaCSS (ajax + css ) for Low resolution displays (watch the video demo )
- > Firstly what is ajaCSS ?!
Its just a convenient term i coined for refering to using ajax with CSS .
- >How can you create low resolution displays with ajaCSS ?!
What impresed me with being able to dynamically loading a CSS file ,is that if i had a table with' n x n' cells ,and label each with a seperate div id ,then effectively i would have made a single frame of nxn resolution at a time 't' . Now refresh your css with ajax every second or 0.25 seconds ,and you have yourself a low resolution animation possible if you play the cells and their colors right . the quality of resolution is only bound by the number of cells , and hence by loading of a tables style with ajax at regular intervals of time , could make a definite future model for low speed /hi speed internet displays .
3. ajaCSS (ajax + css )for pattern matching / Cursor writing recognition (watch the video demo )
Continuing with the ajaCSS based 'n x n ' display model ,in association with the mouseover event could let the cells that the mouse has traced to be highlighted. then using an eexpert system or so , you could then recognize the alphabet the user attempted to trace . Neat huh ! 8 ) .
Now to continue research into these areas, or startup based on the business potential .Thats the question ! 8 )
edited: also check out my post on ajaCSS Low resolution Displays : an experiment
Bhasker V K
Technorati Tags: ajax, css, ajacss, speech , displays, recognition , microsoft, research, Kode, bhasker, Bosky, bosky101, svce